We're looking for an experienced and versatile digital editor who is as passionate about home building, remodeling, and designe as they are about digital content, production, and marketing. We're shooting for the moon here, so if you have some but not all of these characteristics, consider applying anyway. If you're a good fit, you'll be joining a professional and experienced team that thrives on creativity and collaboration to fuel the most respected media brands in the home construction space. They will help you grow into the roll quickly. If managing high-impact and infuential articles, video, and classes with the best architects and builders in the country and leveraging digital capabilities in SEO, UX, newsletters, and social media to share that expertise with a highly-engaged audience sounds like a great day at the home office, we want to hear from you. Our ideal candidate is optimisitc about the digital media landscape, has the ability to manage workflows across brand stakeholders and get their hands dirty working alongside staff to deliver content and projects on deadline. Our audiences seek us out for our innovative, authentic, accurate, and quality-driven approach to product and content. If you share those values in your own work please apply.
Professional demeanor is a must for all positions at Active Interest Media. In addition to courteous, friendly, businesslike behavior, the following qualifications are fundamental to this position:
Lead the digital management of high-quality building content
- Develop, optimize, repackage, and edit digital building content for website
- Produce, create, and position special packages and projects, including sponsored edit programs
- Ensure print content is added to the website and optimized for search in a timely manner
- Perform keyword-focused research, tracking, and trend analysis to understand content gaps and opportunities to help guide digital content production across core video and content teams
- Track panalytics, develop KPIs and set SEO roadmaps to measure brand performance and propose improvements to capture reach and engagement
- Manage the digital editorial calendar and collaborate daily with the audience engagment manager to create moments that drive awarness and conversion
- Collaborate with print and video counterparts to align on major brand initiatives and to support cross-platform promotional and engagement opportunities
- Leverage available metrics and research to ensure editorial plans align with consumer needs and industry trends
- Help manage digital production process and e-letter fullfillment
- Identify and implement areas of website monetization, including affiliate marketing, sponsored content, and advertising
- Assist with organic promtion of brand products and programs, including events and online classes/e-learning.
Drive Strategic Digital Leadership and Growth of GreenBuildingAdvisor.com
- Working alongside the senior editor, serve as the connection between strategy and execution of company/brand initiatives across the site
- Participate in strategy sessions to evolve and optimize current content and identify new engagement opportunities
- Work cross-functionally and in partnership with Fine Homebuilding leadership to drive engagement initiatives and to find efficiency in production and publishing processes
- Develop, track, and communicate key performance metrics to leadership, and develop recommendations on how best to meet KPIs
- Monitor trends and organic search traffic for opportunities and insights to increase customer value and engagement
- Oversee the production of weekly newsletter and monitor performance for areas of opportunity
- Maximize traffic, engagement ,and growth across all social platforms, including Facebook, TikTok, and Instagram, by working collaboratively with content producers and the audience engagemen manager
- BA/BS in related field of focus
- 5 years experience working in digital media, marketing or content production
- Working knowledge of Wordpress, Google Analytics, MS Office, and Adobe Photoshop
- Organized, creative, curious and a willingness to collaborate and innovate are valued personal characteristics.
Active Interest Media values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.